This sewing machine, the Brother 1034D, is known for its 4 thread serger. It has easy-lay threads with different types of feeds.
The 1034D features a 3 or 4 lay-in thread system along with a lower looper threader.
The primary stitch options are a 3-thread overlock and 4-thread overlock which will narrow hems with ribbon locking stitches.
The lower loop threading system helps with extremely easy thread changes.
With differential feed, the machine enhances sewing results with thin or stretch fabrics. You can enjoy a perfect finish.
Snap-on presser feet mean quick and easy changes changes to switch between stitching methods.
There’s a great instructional videotape that will help you learn the art of serging in no time.
Key Features and Benefits
- High performing thread serger: The 3-thread or 4-thread serger delivers in fine style. You’ll be able to edge-finish a wide range of fabrics from linens and knits through to formal wear. Create ruffles, gathers, decorative edges, laces and even spaghetti straps as some basic options
- Built-in stitching function: This product comprises of 22 built-in stitching functions that are associated with 4-thread overlocking system. It also has 3-thread overlock and some additional features. These include rolled hem, narrow ribbon lock stitches, and specialty stitch functionality for bridal or formal wear. Create heirloom, home décor, crafts and reinforced taping applications fuss-free
- Differential fabric feed: This machine focuses on differential fabric feed meant for professionals. You’ll get even stitching quality on knitted, thin and stretchy fabrics
- Video instructions: This machine is easy to thread and to learn in general. Take advantage of the great instructional video and printed manual for all your needs. You will get numbered, color-coded lower and upper looper threading. With free phone support and a 25-year limited warranty, you can’t ask for more
- Accessories: This machine comes in a wonderful package with 2 snap-on feet, a soft cover, a foot controller and needles. These are standard sewing needles. Note: you need to have 120V AC to run this machine
Stitch width is fully adjustable.
The Brother 1034D can be well flicked between 5mm and 7mm measurement from the left side of the needles. This enables you to choose the perfect stitch for any project. Whether you want 4-thread overlock, narrow hem or ribbon lock stitches, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
The machine is extremely rapid with nearly 1300 stitches per minute. This speed saves time and delivers top-notch stitching. The speed is adjustable.
- SINGER | ProFinish 14CG754 Serger 2-3-4 Thread Capability Overlock with Blind Hem, Rolled Hems and Flatlocking, Take Your Creations to the Next Level!
- Brother Serger, 1034DX, 3/4 Thread Serger with Differential Feed, 3 or 4 Thread Capability, 1,300 Stitches Per Minute, Color-Coded Threading Guides
- SINGER | Finishing Touch 14SH6540 Differential-Feed Serger Sewing Machine including 4-3 Stitch Configuration, Color-Coded Lay-in Threading System
- Brother R1634D Refurbished 3 or 4 Thread Serger with Differential Feed, White