Over the past few years, Janome 2212 sewing machine has whipped up a storm among sewing experts.
It is now a reference point for a professional sewing machine known for its exceptional features, sturdiness and great value for money. It’s also very well-suited for novices.
The prices are affordable when compared to many leading brands but quality is not compromised.
For beginners, this sewing machine is perhaps the best option. With exceptional performance, superb build quality and a reasonable price tag, you can’t go far wrong.
We’ll look now at some of the key features and benefits along with the pros and cons.
Key Features and Benefits
The Janome 2212 is an excellent example of the best sewing machine for everyone, from skilled seamstresses to absolute beginners.
It has 12 built-in stitches which can be controlled easily with a dial.
There is a front loading bobbin with some strong free arm options.
This machine can comfortably sew at a respectable speed of 850 stitches per minute.
Weighing just 15 pounds, the Janome 2212 is extremely lightweight without feeling fragile.
A 4-step buttonhole is ideal for simple, effective buttonhole work.
- The bobbin wind is both simple to master and easy to use. Beginners can get up to speed quickly with the more basic features. You can quickly switch through the stitches by simply turning the dial
- The lightweight nature of this machine means you can take it to and from sewing class or move it around the house without straining yourself
- When compared with many other sewing machine, this best sewing machine for beginners is quiet while operating
- There are several accessories bundled with the machine. You’ll get a zipper foot, blind foot, foot control, buttonhole foot, needle set, seam ripper and bobbin. These accessories are far beyond what many similar overlock machines offer and contribute to a great value package
- Frequent needle breaks are reported by some customers. This can be eliminated by changing the needles after 8 hours of continuous usage
- This machine is best suited for beginners
This Janome 2212 might be a basic product but, for that very reason of simplicity, it remains among the best options if you want the best sewing machine for beginners.
Overall, the advantages outweigh any minor snags.
If you want a no-nonsense serger which is a joy to use without overspending, think seriously about checking out the Janome 2212.